Experienced Social Security Disability Attorney Gainesville Florida Can Help You
Understanding Social Security programs
Whether you live in Gainesville, Lake City, Live Oak or Ocala, government assistance is available for persons in our state who are disabled. The Law Office of Christopher J. Annis, LLC provides committed assistance when you face mounting pressure from the hardship of disability.
If you have applied for Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), we help you understand the background of these programs so you can succeed in your application based on the facts of your situation.
Helping you with Social Security Disability (SSD)
Social Security Disability is a federal assistance program that provides aid to disabled individuals. To qualify for SSD, you must meet these criteria:
- You must have sufficient, recent history in the workforce to qualify for SSD.
- You must be disabled under the rigorous definition of disability defined by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Unlike workers’ compensation, SSD pays only for total disability. Disability is strictly defined by the SSA according to the following factors:
- You are not able to do work you did previously.
- Your disability prevents you from doing different work.
- The disability is expected to last a year or more.
A Social Security Disability Attorney Gainesville, Florida can help you review these criteria to address your eligibility for SSD in a straightforward manner. We also provide guidance with the following topics related to SSD:
- Filing for Social Security Disability benefits
- Social Security Disability appeals and hearings
- Understanding why your claim was denied
- Work credit requirements for Social Security Disability
- What Social Security Disability benefits you will receive
- Supplemental Security Income Financial
- Medical evidence required by Social Security Disability
- Understanding listed Social Security Disability conditions
- Psychological conditions and Social Security Disability
Obtaining Social Security Disability is a lengthy, difficult process. We help you understand what is ahead and frame your case to obtain the benefits you are owed.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Intended for people who are disabled, blind, aged or impoverished, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is not related to how much you have worked. The Social Security Administration uses the same criteria in determining your eligibility, but also takes into account income and assets available to you.
As with workers’ compensation and Social Security Disability, the Law Office of Christopher J. Annis, LLC ensures that your case is properly prepared for hearing to minimize roadblocks to your receipt of benefits. We also help you understand Supplemental Security Income financial eligibility requirements to help you receive all available benefits.
When injured or disabled, our goal is to ease your hardship and help you obtain the benefits rightfully yours under the Social Security law.
Social Security Disability Attorney Gainesville Florida
In Gainesville or elsewhere in Florida, the Law Office of Christopher J. Annis, LLC provides seasoned help with workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income from our offices Gainesville, Florida.
We offer reliable, experienced legal service and will travel to you if you are unable to come to our office. Call us at (352) 264-1910 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation.